Monday, January 31, 2011

the next great food photographer...or something like that

I had every intention of taking pictures of my meals last week and posting this week with a mini review. I only remembered to take pictures of two out of the five...oopsies. This week will be better.

Turkey burgers, homemade fries, and broccoli

The turkey burger recipe I use is from a Weight Watchers cookbook and ironically it's the hubs favorite. I tried another turkey burger recipe and he requested I go back to WW. The fries consisted of cut up russet potatoes drizzled with EVOO and a hearty helping of Stax Seasoning and the broccoli was steamed with garlic salt, dried onions, and black pepper.

Ground beef, rice, and cheese stuffed peppers


I love stuffed peppers. The only thing I would have done differently would have been to boil the pepper a little before roasting in the oven. They were still a little crunchy. 

Garlic and herb pork tenderloin, broccoli and cheese rice, and broccoli

The garlic and herb pork tenderloin was pre-marinated from Kroger and unfortunately it was a bit too salty. Anyone know how to fix something that's too salty? We just dealt with it.

Chicken Pizzaioli with spaghetti and green bean casserole

Replaced with pizza cause I was not feeling cooking that night.

Crock pot beef stew


This is definitely one of my most favorite comfort foods and sooooo easy to put together. It's just a package of stew meat, baby carrots, red potatoes, yellow onions, green beans, onion soup mix seasoning, and two cups of water. Dump it all in the pot and turn on low all day. Ta da! 


This week's line up:

margarita chicken over black beans with spanish rice

spaghetti turkey pie

beef chalupas

chicken-white bean chili

mexican pork chops with white rice

No comments:

Post a Comment