Thursday, January 6, 2011

a 2010 survey


What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
We bought our very first house {!!!} followed by new appliances {fridge, dishwasher, range, & microwave}, new furniture {a couch and a very large tv},  a boat, an embroidery machine, a new truck, a hot tub, an engine for the mustang…I’ve never spent this much money before and it’s kinda scary! Hopefully this year we will be slowing down.

Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t remember exactly what last year’s resolution was but it was probably along the lines of eat healthy and exercise consistently. I did ok with each. There were spurts of exercise and I ate healthy probably 70% of the time.

Yes I’ve made new resolutions and I think they are a bit more realistic for me this time around.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not anyone close, but my coworker had the cutest little girl ever.

Did anyone close to you die?
Unfortunately yes, Danny’s godmother was hit by a car while crossing the street.

What countries did you visit?
We stayed within the states. We can’t really afford to be world travelers. {see #1}

What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Some sort of a class/routine, such as a photography class or tennis lessons one night a week.

What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Happy memory: opening the Tiffany’s bracelet the hubs gave me
Sad memory: getting the call about the death of the hubs godmother

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I’d say purchasing the house. Nothing says “you’re taking a huge leap into adulthood” like a mortgage.

What was your biggest failure?
Saving money and saying no.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully, no.

What was the best thing you bought?
The big mo! I know a house is pretty awesome, but the big mo {embroidery machine} gives me constant gratification every time I use it.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom for following her dreams and opening her own shop!

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Friends who chose not to be friends anymore. {myself included}

Where did most of your money go?
Ha! See #1.

What did you get really excited about?
The idea of someday having my own embroidery business.

What song will always remind you of 2010?
Not sure if it will always remind me of 2010, but my favorite song of the year is Katy Perry’s Firework.

Compared to this time last year, are you
   Happier or sadder?
   Happier!
   Thinner or fatter?
   Thinner! {only by 7 pounds but it still counts}
   Richer or poorer?
   Poorer! {again, see #1}

What do you wish you’d done more of?
Saved more money or gone on more trips. {obviously can’t do both}

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Less worrying about things I can’t control and instead plan for what I can control.

How did you spend Christmas?
All over the place. {see here}

Did you fall in love in 2010?
I was already in love, but it grew.

What was your favorite TV program(s)?
16 and Pregnant
Real Housewives of ___ {cept ATL}
Parenthood
Guiliana & Bill

Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope.


What was the best book you read?

LA Candy by Lauren Conrad

What did you want and get?
The Tiffany’s heart charm bracelet and the embroidery machine.

What did you want and not get?
A heart monitor watch.

What was your favorite film of this year?
I can’t even remember going to a movie this year. We got Netflix haha.

What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
We had a housewarming party and I turned 24.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery and being 30 pounds lighter – duh.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
I hopped on the leggings bandwagon and loved it, then found out they are against dress code at work. My boot collection expanded but I still haven’t figured out how to wear them to work besides with skinny jeans on Fridays. Some days I really want to indulge my preppy side and other days I want to wear a hoodie and a baseball cap.

What kept you sane?
Lots of phone calls with my mom and the bestie plus a close coworker at work that I could vent to without the risk of getting tattled on.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one in particular.

What political issue stirred you the most?
Healthcare reform, although truthfully I still don’t understand it all.

Who did you miss?
Bestie

Who was the best new person you met?
I had met Allison late 2009, but this year our friendship really grew {once she returned my calls haha}. I’m very thankful for all the fun we have together.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Be careful about burning bridges because it doesn’t only affect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment