Tuesday, July 17, 2012

what's the 411?

Today I decided to link up with From Mrs. to Mama for a little blogging 411. She came up with a list of fun questions for us to answer. Feel free to link up and play along!






1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I started blogging at the end of 2008. A friend of mine introduced me to a blog called Blue-Eyed Bride and I became hooked. I guess my blog has changed in the fact that I am now a mama so most would consider my blog a "mommy blog." Truthfully, I'm still trying to figure out what I want my blog to be. 

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I went to Clemson and received a Bachelor of Science in Graphic Communications, which basically boils down to: I have a degree in printing. Clemson is where I met the hubs, first through Tiger Band and then later we realized we were both GC majors. I call him a print nerd because, well, he is one. He calls our degree smearing pretty chemicals on crushed trees. See - total nerd.

3. Where have you traveled?
The only time I went out of the country was on a spring break trip to Cabo with my girl friend Candie. Good Lord that was an adventure. Remind me to tell y'all the story some time. 


Otherwise my travel has all been in the states including: 
numerous trips to New Hampshire camping with my family {I miss Moose Hillock Campground} {possibly Vermont as well?}
Hershey Park in PA
different beaches in South Carolina
the mountains of NC as well as New Bern to visit the hubs' family
trips to Florida to visit my aunt and uncle along with a couple bowl trips for Tiger band
Kentucky for a bowl trip
Vegas for our honeymoon
a road trip {by myself} to Dallas for a summer internship
Lynchburg, VA to visit the hubs family
Fort Wayne, IN when the hubs {briefly} resided there {we were only dating at the time}
the bestie lives outside of Atlanta
Charlotte for a couple of trips to the airport and to watch my very first All Star Nascar race
{I'm sure they might be a couple places I'm missing, but that's enough of a list}

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
Obviously I would plan to pay off all of our debt first, but the first thing I would buy would be a beach house on Isle of Palms. It's on my 30 before 30 list but if I won the lottery I'd definitely be picking something a bit fancier if you will.

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
Oh I like this one! One: leaving the toilet lid up! Not just the toilet seat, the actual cover. Hate. Two: When someone says 'cent' instead of 'cents'. It would be one cent or fifty cents, not fifty cent {he's a rapper} {cringe}. Three: The hubs' basket. Good gracious I wish I had never given him that thing in the first place. I let him have a basket to put his wallet, sunglasses, and keys. It is always overflowing with junk!  


6. What is your favorite movie?
Don't laugh but Pillow Talk with Dorris Day has to be one of my all time favorites. It's the original You've Got Mail. I also love White Christmas. I'm a sucker for old movies that include song and dance.

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
I would have to say wine, but I'm really only a social drinker. My everyday drink would be water.

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?

Gosh I haven't had me time is such a while. I love to do crafty things. I scrapbook, sew, and have an embroidery machine. It feels so rewarding to make it myself. 

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?

This may seem silly, but I would have to say Belk. It's a department store but it's my favorite. Great cloths, pretty home goods, cute baby things. I would be able to get a little bit of everything!

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.

Oh my. I'll tell y'all one of my husband's favorites. 


We were driving from Columbia to Clemson for a football weekend I'm sure and we passed a gas station that had their pricing sign way up high in the air so you can see it from the interstate. I kept staring at it as it came closer and closer and then said out loud, "Gee they really can't decide which price to put up on their sign. The price keeps changing!" The hubs just looked at me in disbelieve. 


It was one of those signs that flashes back and forth for the cash price and the credit price. Oops. Now he loves to point out every flashing sign and declare, "Gee they can't make up their mind!"

11. What day would you love to relive again?

I would love to relive a certain day at band practice my senior year in high school. My coach was awful {he was later fired} and giving me a particularly hard time that day. I just wish I had told him where to shove it and left. We ended up having an awful season, not even qualifying for state, so I felt like it was a huge waste of time to be so miserable. 

12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?

This one is tough. Can I say Emma Stone just because I think she's really pretty?

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?

In high school I worked at Food Lion as a cashier for about two weeks, in a sandwich shop called Jo-Jo's Deli, at a Blimpie/TCBY counter in a gas station, and at American Eagle in the mall. I was very fortunate that I never had to work during college except for my two mandatory internships.

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.

Our house is currently all packed ready for the move this Friday, so I don't have any high school photos available. Y'all will have to accept this picture from my freshman year in college instead.





15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?

As cliche as it sounds, Paris. It looks so dreamy in pictures.

16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.






17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?

I see us as a family of four living out our day to day. I really don't have any career goals so I'll be in the same job and we'll be in the same house. Nothing too exciting, just happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment