Thursday, July 21, 2011

23 weeks and a confession


Wow these weeks sure are flying by! I was watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey (yes I watch junk tv) and it was Christmastime on the show. That made me think how fast the holiday season is going to sneak up on us along with the arrival of our little boy. Hope we're ready!

Time for a little confession. I don't like being pregnant. I'm not saying I've had a hard pregnancy, far from it. The morning sickness went away. The tiredness went away. I haven't put on much weight. I'm not huge and uncomfortable. I don't have heartburn. While I consider myself extremely lucky, I just don't enjoy being pregnant. 

I have many friends that love everything about their pregnancy. They love seeing their body change shape, feeling the baby move, reading all the articles about the miracles happening inside them. I guess I'm just not one of those girls. 

I much rather have my baby in my arms than in my belly!

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate! It used to make me feel bad when my pregnant friends went on and on about how wonderful pregnancy was! HAVING the baby is the pay off!! Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. I think part of it has to do with all of the symptoms and sickness I've had. But, mostly, I just wanted to live my life (and, yes, I know, that's selfish) without so many restrictions. It's kind of ridiculous all of the things you aren't supposed to do and how "they" scare you into not doing them.

    ReplyDelete