Wednesday, August 11, 2010

ice cream table

Awhile ago the hubs brought home a set of table and chairs from his parents' house that was doomed to rust in the backyard if they weren't rescued. He remembered sitting at it as a little boy and eating ice cream which would explain why we call it the ice cream table. I gave it a little TLC so one day our kids can sit at it and eat ice cream.

hubs fixed one of the chairs with some quick welding...he's so handy

I gave everything a good scrubbing

and then a couple coats of fresh paint

I used the old seat covers to make a template for the new ones

the material is marine vinyl which I thought would do the best against rain and sunshine bought from my Jo-Ann's

start stapling

and staple more

one complete!

onto the next

second one done

the finished product

5 comments: