Tuesday, December 1, 2009

November 26th

Thanksgiving this year was pretty simple. We had a late lunch at my parents house that was oh-so-yummy. It consisted of baked honey ham with pineapple, roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoe casserole, carrots in butter sauce, cranberry sauce, stuffing, rolls, chocolate muffins, and pecan pie -- for five people. Unfortunately my brother wasn't feeling well so after we ate he went back to bed.

It seems almost unfair how long it took my mom to cook this wonderful meal and then how fast we consumed all of it. We did sit around and talk for a little bit but nothing like what I remember from when I was little. I loved going to my memere and grandpa's (my mom's parents) house and being around the chaos that was my extended family. I miss those days of having everyone close. Now I have family in Massachusetts, Tennessee, Florida, and Hawaii. How's that for spread out? Sometimes it makes me want to have a large family so we'll be able to recreate the fun that I grew up around. Not sure Danny would go along with that though haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment