Monday, December 21, 2009

merry christmas grandpa

The men in my life are always the hardest to shop for when it comes to Christmas and my grandfather is no exception to this rule. This year I actually got an idea from my mom. Grandpa was on a submarine in WWII so she had gone online and found a bunch of submarine type things for him for Christmas. I decided to try my luck on ebay and typed in USS Angler (the sub he was on) and below is what I found!


the picture is printed on canvas and then I framed it

close up




Here's the kicker. My grandfather called telling me how much he adores the picture and he's in it! He's one of the men on the lookout tower and recognized himself! I'm so glad he loves it, only one problem, how am I supposed to top this gift next go around??

No comments:

Post a Comment