Tuesday, November 1, 2011

our vintage circus nursery

Here it is y'all, our big nursery reveal! I'm so excited to finally be posting pictures of the final product. Lots of love went into the room and not just from me, but from the hubs too. He put some serious sweat and effort into this room and I couldn't be prouder of the outcome. 

So enough gushing and onto the pictures!


As y'all know our theme is vintage circus. The hubs had the idea to turn the crib into a circus wagon. My wonderful mother helped turn that idea into a reality. She painstakingly painted each piece and hand-crafted the wheels.

Another idea from the hubs was to paint the ceiling to look like you're in the inside of a circus tent. Taping off the ceiling to paint was...fun, ha!

Here's a closer look at the bedding my mother-in-law helped me sew. She made the bumpers and even thought to add the red piping around the top. I added the embroidered circus tents on the head and foot pieces.

The giraffe is also from my mother-in-law. He makes soothing sounds and velcros to the crib so he stays out of Q's way.

Here's a close up of the embroidery.

I just adore the way the entire crib turned out.


We weren't planning on having a separate changing table, but my mom surprised us. She found one and painted it to match our room colors. I purchased the canvas totes at Bed Bath and Beyond to help keep everything organized.

The circus posters were purchased from a store on ebay.


The rocking chair is extra special to both of us. It was the hubs' godmother's and I can't wait to spend our future nights rocking Q to sleep in it.

I sewed the custom fit pads for the chair. It was by far my most challenging sewing project, but totally worth it. The side table was another gift from my mom.

The circus wall paper boarder was another ebay purchase and another idea from the hubs. 





The vintage circus toys came from the hubs' parents. They are just the perfect touch.

There are two little wicker rockers in his nursery, also gifts from my mother. 


Hope y'all enjoyed the tour! If you have any questions on any of the items or details, let me know! There are still some things missing in the pictures, but that's because they have his name on them ha!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Your nursery is incredible! So perfect! I LOVE it(is there anything larger than ALL CAPS to convey how much?)!! Do you do adult bedrooms? Mine is in need of a makeover and I would like a big top painted on my ceiling. Think it over ..

    Many congratulations to you on the soon-to-be birthday of your little one. Hope you are feeling well in the home stretch!

    Also, many thanks for the warm words on my blog wishing me a quick recovery. Am home now and resting -- looks like I will be fine - so thank you for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete