Friday, October 28, 2011

bump and baby update: 37 weeks


This past Wednesday I had my 37 week check up. Q was wiggling around as usual and had a strong heartbeat. When it came time for the doctor to measure my stomach, I was a little on the small side. He decided to schedule me for an ultrasound to make sure everything was fine.

Even though you tell yourself over and over that the doctor is just being cautious, those awful little thoughts creep into your head. I was worried that I would hear either "we're putting you on bed rest" or "we're going to induce you" and neither sounded very fun.

Thursday I had the ultrasound and luckily everything looks just perfect. Q measured 6 lbs and 7 oz which puts him in the 54th percentile. The doctor told me I'm just small so that is my new normal. I was so relieved!

I think everyone is a little more ready for Q to make his arrival than I am and that includes the hubs! He's ready to try every old wives tale and trick in the book to get Q out. I just haven't hit that stage yet. While I still don't like being pregnant, I'm not dying to go into labor. Truthfully, I'm scared! I know it's going to happen eventually, but why rush it?


No comments:

Post a Comment