Sunday, November 8, 2009

November 7th

Holy amazing football, Batman! The Clemson vs. FSU football game could only be described as unbelievable, because that's what we kept saying after the game -- "I just don't believe it!" It was a 7:45pm kickoff which left plenty of time for tailgating and fun before the game.

Danny and I started off the day by going to The Tiger Sports Shop because I was having a bit of a meltdown. I had forgotten to pack a belt and my pants were not staying put (the perials of having no booty but lots of hip). Thankfully I found a really cute Clemson belt to fix the problem. Now that the crisis was averted, we could continue our day. We also stopped at the Ace Hardward to brouse around before going to campus.

The weather was just beautiful during the day. It was a day made for football. Without a cloud in the sky, the colorful leaves on the trees sparkled in the sunshine. We set up our tailgate with Neil, Jason, Jeff, and Ferrell then about an hour later Shannon and her family, Martha, Mickey, and Kelly, added on. We had quite the spread and enjoyed eating, drinking, and playing some games. Ferrell and I spent about the first 30 minutes sewing together bean bags for corn hole.

Last weekend when Shannon and I went shopping in downtown Clemson she fell in love with a vest from The Tiger Sports Shop. Apparently it had been on her mind the entire week so we made the hike from the corner of Perimeter and Cherry all the way downtown to get her vest. It was a nice the little walk that I'm hoping helped out with all of the food I ate. It's a really cute reversible Columbia vest that I'm pretty jealous of. This would be another good Christmas gift (size small). *hint hint*


Once the sun went down the temperature quickly followed. Good thing we had brought plenty of layers as well as hand warmers. I was also wearing my Uggs and luckily my feet never got cold. It was probably warmer in the stadium than outside the stadium just from the sheer volume of people crammed into the stands. The game was very exciting although we couldn't kick a field goal or the extra point to save our lives. In the end the Tigers pulled out a victory and we are still in the running for the ACC Championship. My fingers are crossed.


me and Alisha

Shannon making the coleslaw

me and Neil

Mickey and Martha

my bestest Shannon and me

Danny and Jeff

me and the hubby

Kerri leading the parade to Death Valley

twirlers Kelly and Savannah

Clemson welcomes you to Death Valley

the most exciting 25 seconds of college football...the only part I miss about Tiger Band



the final score!


No comments:

Post a Comment