Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November 17th

I want to be that wife. You know the type. That wife that always has a home cooked meal on the table. That wife that keeps a clean house always, and does it in pearls. That wife that always looks fabulous and polished. The wife that is the ultimate housewife. How's a girl to do this and have a nine to five job at the same time? It's nearly impossible. What happened to the period of Doris Day? In her movies she was that wife.




How can you not adore her? The answer is -- you can't.

I whole heartedly believe that not only was I born in the wrong part of the country (I know I was always meant to be a southern girl), but also I was born in the wrong time period. I would love to live during the 1950s when the husband brought home the bacon and the wife cooked it. I've never been interested in having a career or climbing the corporate ladder. I want to be a wife and a mother. What's so wrong with that?

Unfortunately we now live in a time period where women are treated as equals (although I don't believe in that hoopla) so into the working world I must go. Even if Danny wasn't totally against me staying at home I never could because we can't afford it. These days the husband has to be a doctor or a lawyer (or something like that) to afford to support his wife and family on one paycheck. One word for that...lame.

Since I wasn't born in the 1950s I can just live vicariously through my favorite movies...Pillow Talk, Please Don't Eat the Daisies, Lover Come Back, Send Me No Flowers, and this list goes on....

1 comment:

  1. You can totally be THAT wife! All you need is a crockpot and a maid! :)

    But in all seriousness, the only time I am THAT wife is when I crockpot dinner and the day is Monday because I cleaned the house over the weekend. Don't sweat it. :)

    ReplyDelete