Wednesday, August 22, 2012

a baby shower

This past Saturday I hosted a baby shower for my good friend Jessica and her little bun in the oven Parker. I knew my house would be in no shape to have the shower there and Jessica's new house is in the process of being built, so her mother graciously offered to help. I was a little worried since decorating someone else's house isn't something I do often, but everything fell into place.

The day of, the hubs helped pile everything into the car and drove me and Quinn to Greenville where he then unloaded the car and even stayed to help set up. Lord I love that man. It worked out perfectly that Quinn went down for his nap right as we arrived and stayed asleep the entire time we set up.

Since Jessica's little girl's name is Parker, I decided on an amusement park theme with bright colors and a fair food twist.


The menu:
cheeseburger bowls
corn dog muffins
soft pretzels with mustard
popcorn
fruit kabobs
veggies with dip
apple slices with caramel dip
chocolate cupcakes
lemonade punch









We had planned to have all of the guest make hair bows for Parker, but unfortunately never got to it. Jessica and I plan to have a hair bow making date really soon instead!



Isn't the mama-to-be gorgeous?




Since Parker's due date is October 1st, I couldn't resist getting her a set of Halloween footies!









I had such a great time putting together this shower for Jessica. I'm so excited to meet Parker Addy and can't wait to love on that sweet baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment