Saturday, August 13, 2011

isle of palms

During the last week of July, the hubs and I rented a beach house on Isle of Palms with a great group of friends. It was a fantastic week of relaxation and laughter. Next year will be a little different with Q coming along, but I still can't wait. I'm ready to go back!

Megan, Shannon, and Neil were the first to arrive so we headed out to dinner

the hubs somehow talked his way into a free drink


the restaurant overlooked Shem Creek which made for some great people watching

Shannon helped me in the kitchen most nights

Shannon, Amanda, Megan, and I may have taken a couple of trips to Sonic


blowing up the air mattress for Amanda


the market now has a section that is completely indoors and air conditioned, super fancy!

the hubs and I could eat our weight in pralines from River Street Sweets




out of the 9 of us, 5 are teachers
Neil enjoyed playing with Amanda's new book



there was plenty of beach time even though it rained for a day and a half

while at the grocery store we found "juice boxes" of wine

and apparently they did not taste good at all



Megan even tried blessing the wine to make it better

on Thursday night we all dressed up and went to The Red Drum for dinner...I highly recommend it! Danny and I have been 3 times now

Shannon's salad

Shannon's fiesta chicken

Jessica and Bryan at dinner (they got a little sun ha!)

my dinner, knife and fork grilled chicken tacos

Megan found a puzzle at the beach house and everyone worked on it throughout the week

finished product!

on Saturday the hubs and I went on the Ft. Sumter tour before heading home




during the ferry ride we saw the coast guard practicing 

dolphins!






this is my favorite picture of Charleston from the week...such a wonderful trip!

1 comment: