Thursday, January 7, 2010

so much for that resolution...

I had finally decided on the perfect New Year's Resolution for me but yesterday messed it all up. Bah!

First - the resolution:
To not worry over what I can't control. To adopt an ignorance is bliss attitude. A se la vi mantra if you will. This is a pretty hard core resolution for me since I'm famous for stressing over the unknown. A little while back I got shingles from stress and I would like to avoid going through that again.

Second - why yesterday already effed it all up:
With the economy how it is, where I work and what I do has been constantly changing. For me change is just a recipe for stress, worrying, and all around freaking out. Yesterday was another one of those days. Things are changing yet again. People are leaving, being shifted around, and my responsibilities grew yet again. A huge wave of anxiety immediately hit me and I felt out of whack the rest of the day.

After talking with my mom, today is better. We'll see how calm I can be.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your Resolutions! I have yet to figure mine out (except loose the 30lbs I gained. *smile)! SO, I admire yours being more in depth than 'lose weight'! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to work on that too. I totally dwell on things that are out of my control.

    ReplyDelete