Saturday, January 31, 2009

January 31st

It is never good when you receive a text that starts with, "I'm ok. I'm at Doctor's Care..." That is the text I received one day while I was at work. The rest of the texts went a little something like this:

"I had an oops with a razor."
"What did you do??"
"Tried to take my thumb off with a razor blade."
"Stitches??"
"Ummm....yea."
"Call me when they are done."

Danny had been at work scoring tile with a razor for the customer lounge he's been helping build. The razor blade decided to take its own path...right threw Danny's thumb. Eleven stitches later his thumb is whole again although pretty disgusting looking. He needed my help changing the dressing and I would nearly gag just about every time. Danny would look at me and ask, "How are you going to deal with our kids when they hurt themselves?" and I would respond, "They aren't allowed to bleed unless you're home."

No comments:

Post a Comment