Monday, April 22, 2013

my 27th year

This past Thursday I turned 27. It seems like such a blah year haha. Not a huge milestone except for it's getting me closer to the next decade. I'm ok with that. It was still a good day.

I got the itch to make some cupcakes and what better reason that "it's my birthday!" so I whipped up a batch of lemon with vanilla frosting and pink sprinkles. I knew having 24 cupcakes in the house was not a good idea so I took them to work!


Everyone kept raving about them. I hated to say it was just a simple box mix. This just confirms to me that the hassle of homemade isn't worth it when people love box mixes just as much!


Every girl needs flowers for her birthday. Aren't these pretty? You can't really see from this picture, but the petals had a marble look to them with the purple and some white.

Thursday afternoon I had texted the hubs saying I didn't care what he did, but I was not cooking on my birthday. He texted back saying he already had a plan in place. When I got home he told me he had a baby sitter coming at 6:30 and we were going out on the bike for the evening. Such a nice surprise. We went to Cribbs Kitchen downtown. I recommend it! The food was tasty and the atmosphere pretty relaxed. I'm not one for extremely fancy/stuffy restaurants (especially when we show up on a motorcycle).

Sunday we went to my parents' house for the afternoon. We decided to turn around Quinn's carseat for the first time. Poor thing got sick halfway into the drive. Luckily we were close to a truck stop and I was able to clean him up.



After an outfit change, he snoozed the rest of the way there. I felt for him. Mama gets car sick too and it's not a fun feeling.


After lunch, my parents gave me my birthday gift. It's a card catalog! I've been wanting one for a long long time for my craft room. I'm so excited to fill up the drawers and add labels on the outside. My little organizational heart is just so happy.

Awhile back I had posted a 30 before 30 list. How about a little update on how I'm doing?


  • Have 2nd baby.


  • Haha! God willing not anytime soon. I'd say closer to my 29th birthday. 

  • Get current with scrapbooking. I'm working on 2010 right now {and by working I mean that's where I stopped right before I had Quinn...}.


  • Ummm haven't touched it. I keep trying to get the room cleared so we can paint and organize and I'll have my space again.

  • Get 2nd holes pierced in my ears. I want to be able to wear the diamond studs the hubs gave me everyday.


  • Nope, still chicken

  • Establish a workout routine.


  • Doing it! I'm working out 6 days a week following the Bikini Body Mommy Challenge. 

  • No credit card debt.


  • Two of my three cards are clear!

  • Visit five new places.


  • Nothing yet, but we are planning on going to Savannah for our anniversary. 

  • Read the Bible.


  • I'm still following She Reads Truth on and off. 

  • Own a beach house or have an awesome rental.


  • We are trying a new rental on Isle of Palms this summer. Fingers crossed we'll want to use it again the next year. 

  • Join Junior League.


  • Nope.

  • Maintain a size 8 figure {almost there already!}.


  • Done! I actually fit into size 6 jeans and size 8 dress pants.

  • Sew ten projects for me.


  • Does pinning ten new projects count? No?

  • Create the perfect craft room {I feel like this will be an always ongoing project..}.


  • Now that I have my card catalog, I've got another piece of the puzzle!

  • Host a fancy dinner party using our wedding china.


  • Hmm, not exactly. Christmas Eve dinner we ate off our wedding china, but we also were in our pjs, ha!

  • Read 30 books.


  • Yikes, haven't even started this.

  • Find a church we love.


  • We started going to St. Paul's. TBD if it's the perfect fit.

  • Visit my great-grandfather's grave at Arlington.


  • Nope.

  • Go out on the Sky Walk at the Grande Canyon.


  • Nope.

  • Start a college savings account for Quinn.


  • Nope.

  • Have a family portrait taken every year {we already have a session scheduled for this year with my fav girl, Erica!}.


  • We had pictures taken in November, so I plan on having them done again this November.

  • Create five family traditions that we repeat yearly.


  • This past Christmas I started a tradition of the Christmas Eve box. Everyone received Christmas pjs and there was a movie and hot chocolate included for later.

  • Start a prayer journal.


  • Nope.

  • Start a vegetable garden.


  • Nope.

  • Visit Yellow Stone.


  • Nope.

  • Establish a yearly party {4th of July maybe?}.


  • Nope.

  • Bake a cake from scratch.


  • Ha! See comment about box mix above.

  • Get my concealed weapons permit.


  • We have our class scheduled for this October. 

  • Catalog our Christmas ornaments.


  • Was going to do it this past Christmas, but didn't.

  • Learn how to can the vegetables from our garden.


  • Nope.

  • Learn how to crochet.


  • Nope.

  • Find my signature drink.


  • Nope.

  • Follow my blog with Bloglovin

    No comments:

    Post a Comment