Wednesday, April 17, 2013

carrie underwood

As part of my birthday present this year, the hubs got us tickets to see Carrie Underwood in her Blown Away Tour. This is the second time we've seen Carrie and she was just as fantastic as the first go 'round. The girl can belt out some songs.


I was skeptical of our seats at first (I mean who can really tell from those layouts on the website?), but ended up being very pleasantly surprised. Her set was pretty neat looking.


I brought my little point and shoot camera and actually ended up with some halfway decent pictures. I still felt a little disconnected from the show since I couldn't *really* see her and mainly watched the big screens.


Carrie had some phenomenal costume changes. Even though I'm not a fan of the high-low hemline trend going on, girlfriend has some rocking legs and deserves to show those bad boys off!


This picture cracks me up, ha! During parts of her show the lights got a bit out of control for us old folks. It was so bright in there that Danny put his sunglasses on.


The first concert we went to, Carrie got into the back of a pick-up truck and was flown around the coliseum. This concert, she climbed into a fenced in part of the stage that lifted up and went across the crowd.


The opening act for her tour was Hunter Hayes so they did a song together towards the end of the show. Now Hunter Hayes isn't exactly my jam. He's cute but a little too throat-y for me. Well I was clearly in the minority based on the girl screams when he came out on stage haha!

It was a great birthday present!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment