Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Quinn is fifteen months

Dear Quinn,

While I've stopped doing monthly updates, I still want to remember your milestones. You had a check up with the pediatrician at fifteen months, so I figured this was a good time to do one. I can't believe how quickly time is passing. I still call you "the baby" and I'm not sure if I'll ever call you "the toddler."


You are growing right before my eyes. I can't believe this big boy I perch on my hip was once a tiny baby in my belly. The doctor told us you now weigh 20.8 lbs (5th percentile), are 30.5" tall (25-50th percentile), and have a head circumference of 19" (75-90th percentile). You still fit into some 12 month clothes but for the most part have moved into the 18 month bracket. We have to roll up your pants so you don't trip yourself up when trying to walk. You wear a size 3 shoe now!


You have pretty great sleeping habits still. Our nighttime routine starts at 6:30 with your bath, 6:50 you're out and in jammies, 7:00 you nurse, and normally by 7:30 at the very latest I'm laying you down in your crib. You aren't always asleep when I lay you down, but you do just fine. I give you your passy and lovey, turn on a lullaby, and you normally don't make a peep. During the week you are up at 7 to get ready for daycare. On the weekends sometimes you let mama and daddy sleep in. Last weekend you didn't make a sound until 9 o'clock!


We are still using your cloth diapers. You have one set of snaps still for the length and 3 rows open around your waist. At night I add a second insert and that seems to prevent leaks unless it's the weekend where you sleep until 9. A really nice friend of mama's sent you some wool inserts to try but unfortunately they got lost in the mail.


Food seems to be an up and down battle with you baby boy. I blame teething for most of your fussing though. You have your bottom two teeth and are currently working on the top four all at once. I can't blame you for being cranky some nights. You mostly eat whatever we do (except for raisins since we found our you're allergic!), but we still grind up most of it. Two bottom teeth aren't enough for some foods. You love anything sweet like fruits and yogurt, oatmeal, crackers, tootie fruitie cereal, nutri-grain bars, and baby cheese puffs. You eat your veggies and meats too though. The transition to whole milk was very easy and you guzzle it down. You still nurse once a day, right before bedtime.


Your vocabulary is starting to grow and I just love hearing you talk to me. Let's see if I can name all of your words: uh-oh, dada, mama, ball, pup-pups (dogs), go-go (yogurt), go! (as in let's go!), hey and hi, bye-bye, and some weird form of all done when you are all done with eating haha.


You are walking on your own for about 10-15 steps at a time now! I can't believe it. You cruise right along if you can hold onto something or someone but get a little wobbly on your own. You walk around with what mama calls T-Rex arms hehe. Right now you still think crawling is the faster method of travel so if you need to get somewhere in a hurry, you drop down and take off.


Toys, toys, toys! Boy do you have some toys! You love playing with your duplo legos, stacking cups, wooden blocks, board books, stacking rings, and anything that seems to light up/make noise. If the toy sings a song you start to dance to the music and clap your hands. It's the sweetest sight! You giggle with delight when mama makes a tower of blocks you can knock down. The same goes for the lego towers daddy builds you that you quickly destroy with a smile.


You love making boy noises, sticking out your tongue, splashing in the bathtub, jumping on the couch, and being tickled. You have a wonderful personality and are becoming more and more independent. You are the sweetest baby ever Quinn and your daddy and I couldn't love you more!


To the moon and back boo boo.

Love,
Mama

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment