Thursday, December 15, 2011

Quinn is one month old!

Dear Quinn,

You are one month old today! I have no idea how this happened. The first month has gone by so quickly! I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing with every month and year that passes. While it certainly has been challenging, I've been trying my best not to wish this time away. I want to enjoy every precious minute with you before I have to go back to work, even if you're crying during part of it.


We have quickly learned that you have a sensitive tummy. I have to be very careful about what I eat so it does not upset you when you nurse. Hopefully you will outgrow this and become a great eater just like your daddy. The foods on the bad list are:

  • broccoli
  • bell peppers
  • onions
  • garlic
  • tomatoes
  • orange juice

As long as your tummy isn't upset you are becoming a great sleeper. You are up to four and sometimes five hours between feedings. You are still a little backwards on your schedule and like to sleep during the day and be awake from 2am-6am. We'll get you turned around soon.


We have really gotten the hang of nursing. You know exactly what to do and it makes mommy so happy! I wonder if you're going through a growth spurt though because after some feedings you are hungry again only an hour later. 


I'm not sure exactly how big you are since your next check up isn't until you are eight weeks old. At your two week check up you were 7lb 15oz and 22.5" long. I'm certain that you've gotten bigger since then. 


You are definitely a long and lean little boy. You have outgrown most of your newborn footies only because you are too tall. When you try to stretch out your legs there isn't enough room. 


We are still using huggies newborn diapers. Your little chicken legs are so skinny that we're afraid of the potential blowouts. Hopefully you'll thicken up just a little so we can switch you to your cloth diapers. Disposables are expensive!


You definitely recognize me and my voice. You turn when I speak to you and try to follow me with your eyes. It makes my heart so happy. You love your daddy. I can see you are starting to recognize him as well. I love seeing you two together.


This picture makes me laugh. You make the funniest faces. I just get so tickled when you go cross-eyed. It's normally when you are trying your hardest to leave me a little present in your diaper. Too cute.


We survived your very first month together. It had its ups and downs but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love you so much sweet boy.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment