Sunday, September 18, 2011

Shannon's Birthday Weekend

This weekend I made the trip to Atlanta to visit my best friend Shannon for her birthday. Technically her birthday isn't until the 25th but she'll be in Charleston that weekend (lucky duck) so we celebrated early.

I left after work on Friday and we met in Commerce at the Tanger Outlets for a little shopping. I have been working some overtime these past couple of weeks and I told the hubs I wanted to use the extra money to buy myself a fancy purse from the Coach outlet. I also wanted to go to the Carter's outlet for some baby clothing cuteness. While I didn't find a single purse I just had to have at Coach, I did find plenty I just had to have at Carter's. I'll do a separate post on all the new goodies for Q later.

After Carter's we headed to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Along with some delicious southern comfort food I also received unsolicited free baby advice from the cashier including:


  • take the paci away at 6 months and
  • (as I was looking at the cute baby clothes) don't buy anything because my mother and mother-in-law will buy everything for at least the first year


Um, thanks? PS - Pretty sure that's not how you go about trying to sell things in the general store.

Even though it was nearly 11 o'clock when we got back to Shannon's apartment I made her open her birthday gift right away. She kept making the goofiest smile faces ha!


Rachel Ray mixing bowls in eggplant! Her kitchen colors are eggplant, orange, and lime green and she just happened to mention to me how much she likes Rachel Ray cookware so I took full advantage of the sale Kohl's was having.

Saturday we stayed in bed until 9:30 and then stayed in our jammies until almost 11. I love being able to do that! We finally got dressed when another friend, Travis, showed up. The rest of the afternoon was spent watching Clemson beat Auburn, woohoo! I don't want to get cocky, but it sure was nice to watch the Tigers win.

That night a handful of us went to Two Urban Licks for dinner. The company was great, the food was good, the atmosphere was interesting, and the bathrooms were downright creepy haha. If you ever have the chance to go the watermelon salad is fantastic, but proceed with caution when using the restroom. 



Sunday, we decided to go paint pottery. Shannon and I had been previously and had so much fun, but it had been years. She picked a pumpkin and I picked a container. I wanted to something circus themed for Q's room, but I couldn't find anything I liked. 



not sure what I'll put in it, but once fired the colors will match his room haha!


we ended our visit with cupcakes from Gimme Some Suga - not the best in the world, but not horrible either

While it's always sad to leave the bestie, I get to see her again in two weeks for another baby shower! Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. If you're ever in Atlanta again, you should check out Gigi's cupcakes! They have one in Auburn that's to die for and I've yet to be disappointed!

    http://gigiscupcakesusa.com/buckheadgeorgia

    ReplyDelete