Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I heart lists

I'm a list maker, always have been and always will be. I love making lists because it helps me stay organized, keeps me from forgetting things, and feels so gratifying when I can cross things off.




While I love a written list on actual paper, sometimes that's just not practical for me. I hate when lists get crumpled or torn from being carried around for long periods of time. That's where the lovely app on my phone, ColorNote, comes in. It's a pretty simple app that lets you create lists and notes. My favorite part is when you complete a task on your list is crosses it off instead of just removing the item. Brilliant.

Currently the longest list in my phone is my project list. It's a little ridiculous. Let's take a look:


  • 2010 scrapbook album (currently in June/July)
  • 2011 scrapbook album (obviously haven't even started)
  • sew master bathroom curtain (I was hoping to have enough fabric left over from covering the headboard, but sadly I didn't so the window is still bare)
  • monogram guest bathroom towels
  • paint Christmas village (that's been on my project list for the past two Christmases)
  • sew Clemson bubble for Q
  • sew protective cover for our Coca-Cola table (it's currently on the back porch covered in a tarp)
  • sew craft room curtains
  • sew crib bedding
  • embroidered my dad's carhart jacket with his company logo (have to do this before it gets cold out)
  • refinish dining room chairs
  • sew dresses (I have fabric and patterns for about 4 or 5)
  • finish sewing fleece vest (I had almost finished it for last fall then needed a different zipper and...well it's still sitting there)
  • sew jackets (again I have fabric and patterns for 2 different jackets)
  • hem curtain for linen closet (I was about to do this the other weekend until I realized my spring rod wasn't the right size)
  • recover couch (we've had the fabric for over a year)
  • sew rocking chair cushions
  • paint wooden SCALES letters
  • sew skirts (have fabric and patterns for 2 or 3)
  • embroider T on burp clothes
  • finish sewing truck seats (technically this is the hubs project, but I'm sure I'll end up helping him complete it)
Some of the items won't be done anytime soon, like all of the clothing I want to make, but others I would love to accomplish before Q gets here. Any guesses on how much I'll get done?

No comments:

Post a Comment