Monday, March 14, 2011

it's paula deen y'all!

We got our new dining room table! We got a phone call from the salesman at Jeff Lynch Saturday morning saying the table had arrived, so off we went. I was so thrilled that the hubs was ready and willing to go up to Greenville that day.

The first thing we had to do was take down our old one. Anyone interested in a cherry table? It's been posted on Craigslist.




Next we had to get the new table inside. Let me tell you, this table is s-o-l-i-d. It must weigh the better part of a baby elephant. 




Since it was a quarter till 12 by the time we got everything inside, the assembly process didn't happen till Sunday morning. I l-o-v-e love this table. It's from the Paula Deen Home collection.

the new table without any leaves is as long as the old table with its leaf

with both leaves in we can fit five chairs on one side!


the legs give it just the right amount of fanciness for me


the hubs polishing off all the finger prints from moving it around

I plan on refinishing our chairs. I want to paint them an antiqued white. I just know that if I try to stain them the same dark color to match the table they will be slightly off, so it's safer to go the complete opposite direction. Hooray for another project!








No comments:

Post a Comment