Saturday, December 13, 2008

December 13th

The weekend of the 13th Danny and I traveled to the great metropolis of Hartsville, SC to visit with our friends Matt, Robin, and Robin’s grandparents. It had been awhile since we last visited Nana and Papa, probably since last summer, so the visit was well overdue. We arrived there Friday evening and were greeted with open arms like we were one of their own. It always feels great to visit since Nana reminds me a lot of my own grandmother.

On Saturday we woke up bright and early (and I do mean early, 6:30 to be exact) and went to Carolina Lunch for breakfast. You know you’re in a small town when everyone can greet you as you walk in the door and the waitress knows your order by heart. After breakfast, and lots of coffee for me, we went to a farm sale. While a farm sale doesn’t exactly suit my fancy, Danny had fun drooling over all of the big toys. When we got back from the sale Danny, Robin, and Matt went horseback riding and I took a nap.

Sunday, the day started off with a trip to Huddle House and then it was off to the Boykin Christmas Parade. Papa had been asked to drive his mule team with the wagon in the parade. I thought I was going to be able to watch the parade, but instead we were in it! I must say from what I did see the Boykin Christmas Parade is quite interesting. Santa and Mrs. Claus were riding on a sofa attached to a giant fork lift…very classy. There is always a new experience when we go to Hartsville…

Duke and Daisy were all dressed up for Christmas

Puddles was festive too!

The horse had reindeer antlers on

One of the "floats"

Santa and Mrs. Claus!

No comments:

Post a Comment