Tuesday, December 11, 2012

time to slow down

Well this past weekend was quite...interesting. We had lots of fun things planned and lots of surprises thrown in as well.

On Friday I took the day off of work to go Christmas shopping. I created my plan of attack days before, mapping out what I wanted to get everybody and where I wanted to go. I was so excited to have the day to myself, no husband, no baby. The only baby I saw happened to be this cutie.

I met up with my friend Jessica and her daughter Parker for lunch at Panera. It was nice to catch up a little before heading back out for more marathon shopping. While crossing the parking lot I spotted this and couldn't stop giggling.

Unfortunately, around 3 o'clock I received a call from the daycare saying Quinn had an allergic reaction to a raisin cake they gave him and he was covered in hives. Cue mama panic attack. I was 45 minutes away and there was no one closer. Luckily his breathing was never hindered and by the time I got there the hives were already receding. By nightfall I had my happy boy again.

After I put the baby to bed I noticed Shiloh kept chewing on her paw {a horrible habit she's done since she was a pup} except this time she had made her pad bright red and raw. So out came the bag balm, baby socks, and electrical tape. She may hate me for it, but it's the only way we can ever get her pad to heal and keep her from chewing on it even more.

Saturday morning I decided to make us all pancakes while the hubs got in the shower. He came to me in the kitchen and exclaimed, "I think I need to go to urgent care." The poor thing was covered in a rash with hives and his hands and face were starting to swell. Four hours later, the doctor didn't know what caused the reaction but he gave the hubs a cortisone shot and some steroid pills. The hubs then napped the rest of the day while Quinn and I played.

My parents came later that afternoon. My company Christmas party was that night and they were going to stay with the baby while the hubs and I went. Around 5 o'clock I woke up the hubs and he decided he felt better enough to go {who can say no to an open bar, right?}.

I'm glad we did end up going because I won two round trip flights to anywhere in the US, Mexico, or Canada! Besides winning the great door prize, it was nice to enjoy a night out with great food, a little booze, and some dancing.

Sunday the hubs had to work in Charlotte so he left around 1pm and wouldn't be home until around 1 in the morning. My parents and I took the baby to a paint your own pottery place to make some memories.

After my parents headed home and the baby was down for the night, I started to not feel so well. I quickly finished cleaning up and crawled into bed around 8:30 thinking I would just sleep off the yucky feeling. Ha! I ended up with a stomach bug that kept me in the bathroom all night. Around 11pm I managed to text "ginger ale" to the hubs. It was pretty awful and I stayed home from work Monday.

Thank goodness it was only a 24 hour thing and not the full blow flu. I was weak but feeling much better by Monday evening and after a hot shower even felt human again. At 4:30 this morning the bug hit the hubs. Poor thing is now in bed himself. I pray over and over that the baby won't be the next victim. My mom already let me know that my dad has fallen pray. Hooray for spreading the love!

So I'm taking this weekend as a big old shot from God to slow down! How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, lady! What a weekend. Glad everyone ended up healthy in the end but I'm sure it was crazy and scary while it was all going on!