Monday, February 6, 2012

a random post

I am determined to catch up on posting since I last left off around Christmas time. I just can't right now because all of my pictures are on my laptop at home (and I'm at work posting during my lunch break). For the time being I'm going to do a random post about nothing that I saw on Beantown Prepster.


The rules:
1. Post the rules.
2. Write 11 fun facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you and then create 11 new questions to ask people you tag.
4. Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!!

Eleven fun facts about me:

1. I was in dance classes for 15 years and now when I see a little girl shaking it in her tu-tu and sequins I get a little choked up. I miss it terribly! I pray we have a little girl next just so I can take her to dance classes. I really should bust out all of my recital tapes and have a little reminiscing session. 

2. I love that I have a southern accent even though I spent my first fourteen years of life living in Massachusetts. A southern twang is so much sweeter! The hubs got me a tshirt that says, "A little bit yankee and a little bit y'all."

3. My favorite color is pink. Always has been and always will be. If one of the options is pink, no matter what it might be, I will want it. Example: the hubs got me an iphone and a kindle for Christmas. For both items he made sure to get the cases in pink. He got extra points for getting a pink and sparkly iphone case. He knows me so well.

4. I love scrapbooking. After cleaning out my grandparents' house this past month and finding photo albums from the late 1800s (we think), I'm even more determined to get back on track. Currently I'm working on the album for 2010. It kills me that I'm that far off, but life happens. I want my great grandchildren to be able to look through my scrapbooks and feel like they know me.

5. I wish I was a runner. I daydream of running long distances, listening to music, and enjoying the country scenery. 

6. Some days I want a large family; four, five, even six kids. I picture Sunday dinners and backyard cookouts with everyone running around. 

7. I hate HATE the phrase "she gets it honest." To me it's the most absurd phrase ever. The hubs used it once and had to explain to me what it meant. Now he uses it every chance he gets just because he knows it makes my skin crawl.

8. Another thing that I hate is when things are out of place. Everything should have a spot and it needs to be logical. If something is moved, I will always put it back. I constantly put the hubs shoes back in the closet even if he is planning on putting them on five minutes from now. I can't handle them even being by the door.

9. I'm a list maker. I love being organized and keeping everything straight. This is why I make lists, lists, and more lists. I keep a running grocery list, to-do list, want list, present idea list, project list, and fix-it list. I believe this is also why I love Pinterest. It feeds my list addiction.


10. I recently became a mommy this past November. It's been an adjustment but I love the change. When my sweet baby smiles at me the world stops.


11. I don't do well with change but I like variety. Seems like an oxymoron, huh? An example would be the foods I eat. I always get oatmeal, nutrigrain bars, fruit, etc. but each time I change which flavor I want. 


Beantown Prepster's eleven questions:



1. If you could have a theme song to play when you walk down the street what would it be?
Ladies Love Country Boys by Trace Adkins


2. If you could only watch one TV Show for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
The Golden Girls. I used to watch it all the time with my grandmother and it brings back such happy, comforting memories.


3. French fries: Skinny and crispy or big and mushy?
skinny and crispy, especially the crinkle ones by Ore-Ida


4. What is your guilty pleasure outfit?
The hubs pajama pants and tshirt because it smells like him.


5. Soda: Fountain, bottle or can?
Diet coke from a glass bottle


6. Favorite thing to do at the gym?
A class of sorts so I don't have to think of the moves myself


7. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
I love living in South Carolina


8. What was your first animal and do you remember its name?
My family had a black lab/newfoundland mix named Bob. He was the greatest dog and it was an extremely sad day when we had to say goodbye.


9. What is one thing that you carry in your purse that you absolutely cannot live without?
Chapstick


10. What is your most embarrassing habit?
I bite my cuticles. The hubs is constantly fussing at me for it.


11. If you could meet and be BFFs in real life with a blogger that you follow, who would it be and why?
I'd love to by friends with Erin from The Blue-Eyed Bride. She was the first blog I started regularly reading. She's local, a boy mom (me too!), and I feel like we have very similar values. Hope that doesn't seem stalkerish, ha!



My eleven questions for you:


1. Favorite cartoon character?
2. Dogs, cats, or neither?
3. Would you ever drive a mini van?
4. Favorite outdoor activity?
5. Would you ever go tent camping?
6. How many siblings do you have? Do you wish you had more, less, the same?
7. If you went to college, what did you major in and do you use your major in your current job?
8. Do you have a favorite team? 
9. How often do you vacuum?
10. What kind of phone do you have?
11. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

I'm supposed to tag 11 bloggers, but instead of doing that, let's have 11 Bloggers that perhaps read my blog but never comment play! I want to meet all of you new (or quiet) readers! If you are a lurker who blogs, leave a comment linking back to your blog so I can come read! Don't be shy people, COMMENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment