Sunday, August 25, 2013

apple picking

Earlier last week, my coworker and I started talking about apple picking. With it still being August, I really hadn't even thought about apples. That's a fall thing, duh. You should be wrapped up in scarves and sweaters while you pick apples and then sip on hot apple cider afterwards to warm up.

Well while all of that is still true, she pointed out that the highly coveted honey crisp apples are in season NOW. I texted the hubs that we needed to go to Hendersonville on Saturday and take Quinn on his first apple picking adventure. He agreed!

I persuaded my mom to come visit for the weekend so she could join in on the fun. We got up there around 11 o'clock on Saturday and the weather was just beautiful. Sunny and in the high 70s with a slight breeze, it was the perfect day.




The farm we went to was called Grandad's Apples N Such. They were only allowing the public to pick gala apples at the time so we headed out with our bags to pick a couple just for fun and for pictures. We came back to their barn and topped off with our beloved honey crisps. We also couldn't resist some cider slushies and cider donuts. So good!


After the picking we traveled down the road and had lunch at the local Harry's and Piggy's. It was just a little hamburger/hot dog/ice cream joint, but it had so many fun things to look at. We piled back into the car and not 5 minutes down the road Quinn was out.


I'd say it was a successful first trip! I'm now looking forward to going back in October for pumpkins!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, gala apples! We're talking about going apple picking this year too! So fun! And such a fun adventure :)

    ReplyDelete