Friday, September 9, 2016

Haddie-Lynn: twelve months

Happy Birthday Haddie-Lynn!

I knew this year would go fast, but it's still shocking just how fast. My big one-year-old. Oh it brings tears to my eyes. I'm sure you will think it's silly when I cry over how big you're getting, but once you're a mama, you'll understand. 


Eating, sleeping, and clothing sizes all remain the same as last month. You are still doing great with finger foods. You have snack cups just like bubba and you now handle a straw sippy cup with ease. You have started to wake up in the middle of the night this past week but I believe it's because you are going through a growth spurt. Actually I know it's because of a growth spurt because those 12m footies are about to bust at the seams haha! Good thing you got a bunch of 18m footies for your birthday.


We got your official measurements from the doctor. You weight lb oz (percentile), are " long (percentile), and have a head circumference of " (percentile). For comparison your brother was 18lb 13oz (5th percentile), 29.5" long (40th percentile), and had a head circumference of 19" (90th percentile).


You have 5 teeth! And a 6th one on the way. You definitely beat out your brother in this department. He only had 1 with a 2nd on the way. I adore that toothy grin of yours.


You are starting to do more of a traditional crawl now. You get on your knees and scoot around. It's a little hard to explain because you somehow manage to keep your feet tucked up under you. You will kneel and reach up onto the coffee table for the good stuff (remotes, phones, bubba's toys), but you still have no interest in bearing weight on your feet. Oh well, you move at your own pace.


You will now randomly say buh-buh for bubba and for bye-bye. I've also heard some uh ohs when you decide to throw your food on the ground. And there even have been some mamas when you are crying out for me because I left your line of sight. I'm excited for the day when you say mama because you are happy and not because you are wailing hehe.


You still love to suck your two first fingers of your left hand when you are tired. I tried and tried to get you to take a paci but no dice, fingers it is. You also are a snuggler. You will lay your head on my chest or in my lap and it melts my heart. You adore lovies and stuffed animals. Your pink bear that bubba made you is definitely a favorite. I know he beams with pride when you hug on it.


Bubs and sissy at twelve months


I could go on and on about how adorable you are and how much we adore you. This has been the best year baby girl. So excited for all the years to come.

All my love,
Mama


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment