Wednesday, September 28, 2011

an apple a day

I love this time of the year. Yes the cooler weather, fall colors, and clothing options are glorious, but I love the fact that one of my absolute favorite candies is back on the shelves.




There is just something so addictive about caramel apple lollipops. I could eat a dozen a day if given the opportunity. It might have something to do with my love of apples, another reason why I love this time of year.

My grandfather used to have an apple orchard on his farm. I have so many memories of going down to the backyard to pick an apple off the tree. We'd get out a clean cloth to shine up the apple before biting in.


Source: google.com via Desiree on Pinterest


Grandpa would have the best apple cider made from his apples and we'd drink it by the gallon. The stuff you can buy in a grocery store around here is not bad, but definitely nothing fantastic like what I grew up on.




Every year he sends us a box of honeycrisp apples. They are by far my favorite type. Their sweetness and crunch are just perfect. I hope I get a box this year!


Source: google.com via Desiree on Pinterest


And who can resist a real caramel apple? It's the whole reason I go to the fair. This year I might be skipping all of the rides and attractions and instead just zipping in to grab myself one of these beauties.


No comments:

Post a Comment